Harmony Tech is providing financial help to students in need who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with cybersecurity, information assurance or information security focus and the scholarship is awarded annually to the best candidate.
The winner will be determined based on the selection criteria:
- Prior academic success, such as high school GPA, academic awards and high school involvement
- Demonstrated need for funding
- Volunteer work
- Letters of recommendation
This scholarship is available only to the deserving applicants and the scholarship committee has set some eligibility requirements that each applicant has to meet.
The criteria that have to be met are the following:
- The applicant must be a United States citizen enrolled in a graduate degree program with a cybersecurity, information assurance or information security focus with an excellent academic standing and an overall GPA of 3.50
- The applicant must be attending a regionally-accredited college or university program either online or on-campus and the studies can be both part or full time.
Please, do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.
How to Apply
Once you determine your eligibility, you should get familiar with the application process.
You will have to submit all the documents as attachments to an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is August 1st and the eligible applicants must submit:
- Unofficial transcripts from your current / most recent educational institution
- Three letters of recommendation in which the recommenders will speak about: How long have you known the applicant? What is your relationship to the candidate? What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support them in completing the information systems security degree program? What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A cover letter outlining their educational and personal background and the reasons for choosing their major and why they think they will be successful in the information systems security field.
If awarded, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
The scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, fees, and books and the will be distributed to the winner’s academic institutions after the selection.