- Deadline: 03/31/2022
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 5
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: http://floridagreenbuilding.org/scholarships
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1415 Piedmont Dr. E #5 Tallahassee, FL 32308
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) scholarship program is designed to support those who are pursuing careers in green building, design or related sustainability disciplines.
The lucky winner will be determined according to the following selection criteria.
Once the completed application is received, the FGBC scholarship committee will review it and choose the scholarship recipients who have shown the best academic record –3.0 GPA (unweighted) or higher, financial need, acceptance to or continued study in a program at a higher education institution, his/her commitment to a career in sustainability, green building design or construction as well as an interview with the scholarship committee.
In case you happen to be the scholarship recipient, you will be invited to attend the Florida Green Building Coalition’s Annual Meeting to receive the official award and acknowledgment by industry professionals.
Besides the money, you will also receive a complimentary membership for one year, meaning that you will be able to participate in industry-specific committee meetings.
You should not apply for the scholarship unless you qualify for it.
The eligible applicant must be:
- A citizen or legal resident of the United States and a resident of Florida
- Currently attending a Florida public or private college or university
- Planning to study an aspect of sustainability in the built environment
- Entering his/her junior, senior year, or a graduate program
- Acceptance into a qualifying trade school
Only those who meet the minimum requirements are suggested to apply for the award.
How to Apply
When the application procedure is in question, so as to be considered a candidate, the applicant must include:
- An essay that will speak about their educational background, a summary of academic interests and achievements, educational and personal goals in the sustainability field, their specific field of interest and other pertinent information. The essay should be 500 words.
- Two letters of reference, one character and one from an academic instructor.
- Transcript from the current or most-recent institutions attended.
If you are eligible to apply for an FGBC scholarship, you are required to submit the official FGBC Scholarship Application with all the above-mentioned documents electronically to C. J. Davila, Executive Director, Florida Green Building Coalition and it has to be done by March 31.