WTS Atlanta Chapter Transportation Scholarship is aimed at deserving women throughout the transportation industry, and its main aim is to support the next generation of transportation professionals and advancing the principles of WTS.
Applications and information about this award are available online at the Portland Chapter of the Women’s Transportation Seminar website.
Those interested in the WTS Atlanta Chapter Transportation Scholarship should get familiar with both eligibility and application requirements, and we are offering you both of them.
So as to be eligible, the applicant must be a female high school senior attending a CPS school (or school in the Chicagoland area) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
She must be currently studying math, science, and technology and consider a career in a transportation-related field.
In order to apply for the WTS Atlanta Chapter Transportation Scholarship, the female applicant must be currently enrolled in a transportation-related field, such as transportation engineering, planning, finance, or logistics at a college or university that is located within the state of Georgia.
How to Apply
Once the eligibility requirements are met, the applicants have to meet the application requirements as well.
The documents that must be provided in the application package are:
- Official High School Transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a Teacher and/or Counselor
- A completed application via CPS Academic Works.
- Statement of interest – this is different from and in addition to the personal statement
- A 200-500 words answer to one of the following two prompts:
(a) Is there a particular area of transportation described in the above paragraph that interests you, and why?
(b) Describe a transportation problem that you’ve observed in your community or anywhere in the world. Why is this a problem? What is a possible solution?
- Personal Statement: A statement about your goals to pursue studies in STEM areas (science, technology, engineering, or math) while in college and why you think that you should receive the scholarship award.
The Scholarship Applications are now available on the scholarship provider’s website and you can download the application forms which have to be completed.
It is important to know that transcripts and letters of recommendation may be submitted in PDF format electronically to the WTS Chapter Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.