- Deadline: 04/15/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $9,000
- Website: www.thetrotterproject.org
- Phone: 312-330-3304
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 816 W. Armitage Chicago, IL 60614
The Trotter Project’s Chef Charlie Trotter Scholarship will award this amazing scholarship to five students.
The Trotter Project’s Chef Charlie Trotter Scholarship offers $9,000 Full Tuition to culinary arts/hospitality students attending Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute, at Kennedy King College in Chicago, Illinois.
Charlie Trotter’s Culinary Education Foundation is dedicated to award financial aid to students who need it and since it was established by Charlie Trotter in 1999 it has achieved the goal to educate and expose young people to the culinary arts and help them gain the higher education.
In order to be able to award more scholarships, they have partnered with ACFEF.
Nowadays, they are awarding need-based scholarships to students seeking culinary-related careers.
The best thing is that the students are exposed to Charlie Trotter’s principals regarding cuisine, service, wine and learning and the foundation is named after this amazing chef.
Their contributions to support young culinarians through scholarships are amazing.
The applicants have to follow the instructions and not to miss deadline for the submission of documentation so as to be accepted as a candidate for this award.
As for every scholarship, there are a certain criteria according to which the recipients are determined.
The eligibility requirements for The Trotter Project’s Chef Charlie Trotter Scholarship are the following.
- The eligible applicant must have 2.5 or higher G.P.A.
- He/she must be a high school senior or college student
- He/she has to be Culinary Arts, Baking/Pastry or Hospitality student
- The eligible applicant must be an Illinois resident.
How to Apply
The application process includes not only filling out the application form, but also submitting the additional documentation.
- The applicant is required to submit the following documents:
- Resume which will be highlighting community service, jobs/internships.
- Transcript so as to prove the G.P.A.
- Letter of recommendation from a person who can speak about candidate’s academic achievements and/or character
- Video is which the applicant should speak about how he/she pursue excellence, interests in culinary arts/hospitality and long-term goals.
Videos should not be longer than three minutes.
You can either uploading it or send it to Program Manager, LaKiesha P. Dunn, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a college student, you must submit documentation from college demonstrating a financial need.