This is a competitive scholarship designed to be awarded to first-time freshmen and the DLP Fellows receive full tuition plus two on-site mentorships.
The Leadership Program scholarship is awarded to only two candidates per year and the award is $6000, so if you meet the following requirements you are highly suggested to apply for it.
A review of DLP Applications begins December 1.
The scholarship is available thanks to the Higher Education and Leadership Ministries who provide financial assistance to undergraduate students who are members of a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) congregation.
The scholarship money can be used to cover full tuition and to provide mentorship.
If you happen to be the applicant chosen as DLP Fellow, you must demonstrate the capacity to earn and maintain a college GPA above a 3.0.
Fellows may choose any Major course of study, but a Religion/Philosophy Minor is required as well as on-campus residency.
The scholarship program may be renewed by maintaining the required eligibility.
So as to be considered as an eligible applicant, the student must meet the eligibility criteria which is set by the scholarship committee.
- Applicant should be a college freshman
- He/she has to show leadership and academic achievements
- Applicant should have a GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- The applicant should get at least a score of 25 on ACT or 1680 on the SAT.
DOC students discerning a call to ordained ministry are encouraged to apply, but all qualified DOC students with exceptional leadership and service will be equally considered.
How to Apply
Disciples Leadership Program Application consists of the following steps and the applicants must be aware of the eligibility requirements of the organization prior to submitting the application form.
- The online application form available on the official website must be filled with accurate details
- A short essay based on the topic prompted must be written
- Official transcripts of the student must be submitted
- 3 letters of recommendation from a pastor, supervisor, and teacher are required as well.
The application material must be postmarked or submitted via email by April 30th.