- Deadline: 05/13/2021
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: https://opraonline.org/scholarships/
- Phone: 614-895-2222
- Fax: 614-895-3050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1069 A West Main Street Westerville, OH 43081-1181
Ohio Parks and Recreation Association Foundation are proud to provide three academic scholarships each year to both undergraduate and graduate students.
The scholarships are the following:
- The Don Schmidt Scholarship for students majoring in parks/law enforcement,
- the Jody Stowers Scholarship for students in parks and recreation that exemplify the future of our profession, and
- the John McComb Scholarship for students majoring in all aspects of recreation (park operations, natural resource management, therapeutic recreation, commercial recreation, outdoor recreation, tourism, community recreation, recreation management, aquatic management, non-profit recreation management, sports management, and leisure studies).
Scholarship winners will be determined based on the resume and essay question submitted with the application form.
Besides the money, all scholarship winners also receive a free full-year student membership with OPRA.
So as to be sure whether you are eligible to get this award, you should meet the criteria set by the scholarship committee.
The eligible applicants are those students enrolled in a degree program relevant to parks and recreation at an Ohio college/university who must have at least 30 credit hours total, with 12 in their major and a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Students must have a 3.0 GPA in their major and an overall, cumulative GPA of 2.5
How to Apply
Applications are accepted annually in the spring and they are available online once the application process starts.
Deadline to apply is May 8th and the applicant must submit completed applications followed by the documents:
The essay should be about the main objective of the Ohio Parks and Recreation Foundation and that is to promote the development of parks, recreation and leisure services in the State of Ohio.
So, the applicant is supposed to tell how he/she plans to contribute to the promotion of parks in this essay.
It should be a maximum one page long and the accepted file types are doc, Docx, pdf.
Then you are supposed to attach your resume and references to the application form.
A list of three professional references is required so that the application is considered complete.
You should know that late and incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration.