- Deadline: 04/01/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 24
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://www.tourismcares.org/academic-scholarships
- Phone: 781-821-5990
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 20 Vernon Street Norwood, MA 02062
Tourism Cares offers up to 24 merit-based academic scholarships totaling $77,000 with the main aim to support undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality programs.
Scholarship Application Period lasts from February 15 – April 1.
First, interested students should meet with the eligibility criteria determined by the scholarship committee.
Tourism Cares Academic Scholarships are offered in three categories and these are the eligibility requirements for each category:
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships are designed for a full or part-time student enrolled in a travel, tourism, or hospitality-related program of study and who is pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree.
They need to be enrolled in the fall semester of a two or four-year college/university in the U.S. or Canada and have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Graduate Research Scholarships:
- No citizenship requirements
- Full or part-time student conducting graduate research in a travel or tourism-related field
- Enrolled in the fall semester at a four-year university in the U.S. or Canada-
- Minimum 3.0
High School Scholarships are designed for citizens or permanent residents in the U.S who are seniors and who will successfully complete the Academy of Hospitality Tourism Program (AOHT) at their High School or for an entering freshmen year in the fall semester at a two or four-year university in the U.S. or Canada.
Minimum 3.0 GPA is also required.
How to Apply
The second thing to know is what the required items are and what you are supposed to submit with the application form.
Have in mind the fact that these items that we would list which must be submitted to qualify for the awards listed below will vary based on the individual award’s eligibility rules.
Generally speaking, all awards will require the following documents:
- Passport as proof of citizenship
- S. Permanent Resident Card as proof of permanent residency if eligible
- Current driver’s license as proof of permanent state/province residency for awards which have
- residency requirements (see each award description)
- Evaluation form and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or teacher in your field of study
- Evaluation form and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you have worked for; the industry must be related to your field of study
- Transcript (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application completion, but if you are selected for an award, an official transcript needs to be sent either electronically or in a sealed envelope directly from your school to Tourism Cares seven days after the award notification date.)
- Essay – 2 pages in length and which will address these prompts: Which segment of the travel and tourism or hospitality industry your current program of study focuses on.
- What opportunities are you taking advantage of as you prepare for a career in the industry?
- Please tell us about your academic and extracurricular activities and experiences, i.e. work, internships, etc., and how they tie into your present and future goals.