- Deadline: 02/17/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 20
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: https://iamcybersafe.org/s/undergraduate-scholarships
- Phone: 727-493-3587
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 311 Park Place Blvd. Suite 610 Clearwater, FL 33759
The (ISC)² Undergraduate Scholarship offers students scholarships to 20 people and the award amount is $5000.
The application procedure opens on January 12 and closes on February 17.
The first thing that comes into our minds when speaking about a scholarship is the eligibility criteria.
For the (ISC)² Undergraduate Cybersecurity Scholarship, the providers have set some requirements so as to be able to select the most deserving candidate among so many applicants.
So as to be eligible, the applicant must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
He/she may be a senior in high school, or an undergraduate student who is currently a junior, freshman, sophomore or senior and who will be pursuing an undergraduate degree.
His/her GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale, while there is no US citizenship requirements.
The great thing is that the applicant may be attending the educational institution either on campus or online, full time or part-time, in the US or Internationally.
In case you are not currently enrolled and you get the award, it will be disbursed once you enroll in a college or university.
The money can only be applied to tuition, fees and books and it will be sent to the university.
How to Apply
Now that you know that you are eligible for the award, you should know what material to submit so that your application is considered complete and acceptable.
You need to send unofficial transcripts from your current educational institution, while official transcripts will be required if you receive the award.
One Letter of Recommendation is obligatory and the writer should answer the following questions:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
Mandatory documentation is a Resume/CV and essay questions to be filled out in application:
- Why should you be chosen to receive this (ISC)² Cybersecurity Scholarship?
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and your goals for your academic career.
- Describe any contributions to the cybersecurity field.