- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $50,000
- Website: http://www.davidsongifted.org/Fellows-Scholarship
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: DavidsonFellows@DavidsonGifted.org
- Address: Not Available
Several yearly scholarships of $50,000, $25,000 and $10,000 for outstanding young people (18 years of age or younger) who have already completed a significant piece of work in science, engineering, technology, mathematics, music, literature, philosophy, and ‘outside the box.’
The Davidson Institute for Talent Development was established in 1999 and aims to recognize, support and help develop highly intelligent and talented young people up to 18 years of age, providing opportunities for them to make a difference in society.
They offer yearly scholarships of $50,000, $25,000 and $10,000 for outstanding young people who have already completed a significant piece of work in science, engineering, technology, mathematics, music, literature, philosophy, or ‘outside the box.’ These projects may be extremely creative applications of existing knowledge, innovative solutions with broad applications, important advancements which can be replicated and build upon, interdisciplinary discoveries, ideas with high impact or prodigious performances.
The deadline for the applications is February 10, 2020 and the winners will be notified by June 15, 2020.
- In order to be eligible for these scholarships, candidates must be 18 years of age or younger
- They must be U.S. citizens residing in the United States, or permanent legal residents of U.S. residing in the United States or persons stationed overseas for active U.S. military duty
- They must have already completed a significant project at or close to the college graduate level in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics), humanities (literature, music, philosophy) or ‘outside the box’ (see the following document for a description of this category: https://dnnlv5ifs.blob.core.windows.net/portals/2/Fellows/PDFs/2016_Davidson_Fellows_OUTSIDE_THE_BOX_Requirements.pdf?sr=b&si=DNNFileManagerPolicy&sig=heqb%2BmvblxS7PIs5Lkadr7iU%2F9xPpxP7rc2G2R1E6j0%3D)
- There is no minimum age for applicants to be taken into consideration
- Applicants will not be discriminated based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity or disability
How to Apply
- In order to apply, candidates must initially create an account at https://prd.davidsongifted.org/exmusl where they must introduce their personal details, a description of their project, and the names and addresses of the persons the applicants asked to create a Nominating Form for them
- Once the Nominating Form is completed, emails will be sent to both nominators and applicants and the project will be deemed eligible for consideration
- Finally, the applicants’ parents must fill in a Parent Form
- After all these steps are completed, panels of judges specializing in the areas addressed by the applicants’ projects will be assembled and will thoroughly assess the applications