- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 3
- Award Amount: $2,500
- Website: www.acfchefs.org
- Phone: 800-624-9458
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 180 Center Place Way St. Augustine, FL 32095
The American Culinary Federation Education Foundation together with the American Academy of Chefs is proud to announce a limited number of scholarships annually which will support students in their aim to reach higher education.
The scholarships are available for different programs and they are the following:
- Apprenticeship program – up to $1,500
- Certificate programs – up to $1,500
- Post-secondary degree programs – up to $2,500
Since it was established in 1929, ACF is the premier professional chefs’ organization in North America which has more than 17,500 members all working to support people involved with the culinary industry.
They are aware how important it is to invest in young generations who are the future of culinary industry, so they provide financial aid to students.
Scholarship is semi-annual and the deadlines for application submission are April 30th and October 31st.
There will be three recipients each year and the award is $2500 per person.
As with any other scholarship, applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria so as to be accepted as possible future scholars.
- Firstly, he/she must be an exemplary student with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Then, he/she has to be currently accepted to an accredited, post-secondary college, with a major in either culinary or pastry arts, or be an ACF registered apprentice.
- His/her career goal should be to become a chef or pastry chef.
If you meet the above mentioned criteria, you are encouraged to take this outstanding chance and apply for the award.
How to Apply
There is not so complicated application procedure and the guidelines will help you submit is successfully and without much trouble.
Applications are based on a point system.
The scholarship selection committee will determine the most deserving applicant.
Points are given according to the academic grade point average, culinary competition participation, culinary volunteer activities and ACF involvement.
If you happen to be a lucky recipient, you will be notified by email 30 business days after the application deadline and if you are not chosen, you can always reapply in future years.