The Ament-Brenner Scholarship is for members of a Lutheran congregation in the greater St. Louis area.
Scholarship amounts vary based on financial need and the amount is determined each year.
To receive financial aid at Valparaiso University, you must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward your degree or certificate and your progress will be checked at the end of each spring semester.
If you fail to meet the requirements of any of the three components will result in the loss of aid.
Those components are:
- Qualitative: The grade point average (GPA) you must maintain;
- Quantitative: The number of credit hours you must complete; and
- Time Frame Measurement: The maximum length of time you may receive financial aid.
First, applicants must apply and be admitted to Valparaiso University and then applicants must complete the undergraduate admission application and file the FAFSA by the deadline.
So as to be considered as a possible candidate for this award, there are certain applications and eligibility criteria that each applicant has to meet prior to applying for the Valparaiso University Ament-Benner Scholarship.
Generally speaking, recipients at Valparaiso University must have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent, be degree-seeking, and making satisfactory academic progress and enrolled full-time.
Besides fulfilling the general requirements for the Valparaiso University scholarship, the applicants must be preparing for a career in the healthcare field such as nursing, physical or occupational therapy, etc.
How to Apply
Now that you have determined your eligibility, you should know how to apply for the Valparaiso University Ament-Benner Scholarship.
As a part of the application process, you are supposed to provide a personal statement of at least 250 words in which you will be discussing one of the following topics:
- Describe the ways you anticipate your Valpo experience will affect your life’s personal journey.
- Evaluate a significant experience or achievement that has special meaning to you.
- Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you and describe that influence.
- Discuss your reasons for wishing to pursue a college degree.
Once you gather all the necessary documents and complete the application form, you should mail it to Valparaiso University Undergraduate Admission Duesenberg Welcome Center 1620 Chapel Drive Valparaiso, IN 46383 or you can apply online at valpo.edu/apply