- Deadline: 03/01/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: $10,000
- Website: https://www.blumenthalarts.org
- Phone: 704-348-5770
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: EFigueroa@ncbpac.org
- Address: 345 N. College St. Charlotte , NC 28202
The Mary Doctor Performing Arts Scholarship Fund is proud to announce their annual award available to two Charlotte Region high school seniors.
The award is amazing $10,000 each and the aim is to help those students with financial need.
The Mary Doctor Performing Arts Scholarship Fund was established in honor of Mary Doctor, who was a business owner and a tremendous supporter of young people and Blumenthal Performing Arts.
The first thing you should know prior to applying for this scholarship is the eligibility criteria.
You will be accepted as a possible scholarship recipient only if you fulfill it.
You need to be graduating high school senior who is pursuing an undergraduate degree in a performing arts related discipline.
It can be music, dance, theatre, technical theatre, arts administration, arts education, etc.
Furthermore, you must be a resident of one of the following Charlotte-area counties: Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanley, Union, Chester (SC), Chesterfield (SC), Lancaster (SC), York (SC).
If these requirements are met, you can apply for the award and the Scholarship Committee will take into account additional qualifications when selecting finalists.
- Financial need
- Apparent potential for a career in the performing arts
- Desire to enrich the lives of others through performing arts-related talent and training
- Academic performance
- Personal Achievements
- School and community involvement
How to Apply
The Application Process is not difficult and everybody will know how to successfully submit the application form.
They are available and can be downloaded from the scholarship provider’s official website.
Make sure that you submit the application packets before March 1, when the application process ends.
So that your application is complete, the packets must include the following:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form
- One-page essay detailing why applicant is applying for MDPAS as well as your training and experience to date in the area of performing arts
- Most recent available transcript from applicant’s high school
- Copy of the Student Aid Report
- Reference Contact Form and recommendation letter from a current teacher or industry professional
- Copy of a college acceptance letter and any financial aid award letters received to date.