- Deadline: 04/30/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://www.maeandmarylegacyfoundation.org/apply
- Phone: 919-599-9829
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: P.O. Box 61684 Durham, NC 27715
The Mae & Mary Scholarship Fund has been awarding scholarships with the mission is to financially support young people who are trying to reach higher education goals.
This is a charitable educational organization dedicated to the advancement of African Americans.
The scholarship is there to support those who are pursuing careers in medical and healthcare-related fields.
What is significant to know is the application timeline, being that the deadline for application submission is April 30.
The lucky winners will be announced on June 21st.
The qualifications that the candidate for the Mae & Mary Scholarship should possess and according to which the selection will be made are:
- Brand Ambassador
- Creative Essays
- Academic performance
Scholarship amount must be used for tuition, books, fees or other need while attending the institution and cannot be used for any other purpose.
Not everybody’s application material will be accepted by the scholarship committee, being that they have set some eligibility requirements.
The applicants have to meet the following:
- Applicants must be African American students
- They must be graduating High School Seniors
- Students from anywhere in the United States can apply for the award
- Applicants must attend a two/four-year university or technical school
Only those who meet these requirements are encouraged to apply, while those ineligible should not waste their time, as they will not be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
The application process is made simple and every eligible candidate will be able to successfully apply for it.
It starts on January 1st and from that moment on the application forms will be available on the scholarship provider’s website, so you can visit it and look for them.
You must submit your materials through the Foundation’s online application system, being that those materials which are submitted separately will not be accepted.
What you are supposed to do is to create one file and upload the supporting documents with your application which include:
- recent photo
- cover letter and resume
- one personal essay
- two letters of recommendation
- current transcripts, both unofficial and official are accepted
- a copy of the college letter of acceptance.