- Deadline: 03/31/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: http://teamtype1.org
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 2144 Hills Ave. Suite A Atlanta, GA 30318
Team Type 1 is the organization which was founded with the aim to help young generations in their educational and professional goals.
Since its creation, the organization offers scholarships to young, talented athletes with Type 1 diabetes.
The award recipients have to demonstrate an ability to balance both academic and sporting commitments.
That way they will promote good health while fighting with their diabetes through exercise.
On the other hand, the organization will support their families who have additional expenses associated with diabetes care.
Team type 1 was established with the mission to support people around the world affected by diabetes, to show them that they have the right to live and have equal access to education.
Team Type 1 Foundation is the only organization which gives college scholarships exclusively to athletes with Type 1 diabetes.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you have to fulfill certain requirements.
The criteria are the following:
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- They have to have Type 1 diabetes
- They have to be a competitive athlete
- The eligible applicant must attend or plan to attend an accredited NCAA and NAIA institution and compete in a participating sport.
- They need to have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- The applicant wants to use their sports as a platform to inspire.
How to Apply
The application form can be found on the scholarship provider’s official website.
Everything is done online, you are supposed to fill it out with honest answers related to your personal data and education, as well as write an essay answering the following questions:
- Please describe your athletic goals for next three years
- Please describe your academic goals:
- Please describe your community service activities
- How will this scholarship benefit you?
- Why do you believe you are the best candidate for this scholarship?
- How many years have you had type 1 diabetes?
- What do you remember most from when you were diagnosed with type 1 diabetes?
Once the application is submitted, you become one of the possible scholarship winners and you will be informed about the award winners.