- Deadline: 12/01/2022
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://smartscholarshipprod.service-now.com/smart
- Phone: 202-331-3544
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1818 N Street, N.W. Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036
The Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service provide students with a stipend estimated to be between $22,500 and $38,000 per year, full tuition, health coverage, book allowance of $1,000, and other education expenses.
This amazing award has been established by the Department of Defense (DoD) with the main aim to support the education of undergraduate and graduate students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) studies.
Besides the money, the winners will also get an employment opportunity with the DoD with this program.
So as to be considered as a possible awardee, you must be:
- a citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom,
- 18 years of age or older
- able to participate in summer internships at a DoD facility,
- willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD,
- a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale who is pursuing a technical undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (technical tracks only)
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research (technical tracks only)
In addition, undergraduate applicants must be currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S. college or university and have a high school diploma/GED, while graduate applicants can be either currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or awaiting notification of admission to such.
How to Apply
Here are some basic application instructions that each eligible applicant should be familiar with.
You will need to create a new account before you will be able to start the application.
The applicant has to put his/her name and email address and choose a password.
The application process lasts from August to December each year.
All applicants are required to submit applications online by the deadline which is on December 3rd.
All supporting materials including references and test scores must be received prior to that date.