- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://www.sema.org/scholarships
- Phone: 909.978.6655
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Not Available
Several annual scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 for students showing potential in becoming future leaders and innovators of the automotive aftermarket industry. An additional tuition scholarship of $29,400 will be awarded to an outstanding student from the Ohio Technical College.
The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) is a trade association consisting of manufacturers, distributors, retailers, publishing companies, auto-restorers, street-rod builders, re-stylers, car clubs, race teams and other similar individuals or groups.
They offer yearly several scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 to talented students with potential for becoming future leaders and innovators of the automotive industry. Additionally, they also provide a tuition scholarship of $29,400 to an outstanding student from the Ohio Technical College.
In order to apply, candidates must submit, besides information regarding their studies, two essays and one letter of recommendation.
The deadline for the application is March 1, 2019.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens enrolled full-time at an accredited college, university or technical/vocational school from the United States
- They must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- They should pursue degrees leading to a career in fields closely related to the automotive industry (e.g. accounting, administration, advertising, graphics/design, engineering, IT, manufacturing, journalism, photography, sales, marketing, technicians, transportation, race car driving)
- They must remain enrolled full-time in the academic term following the receipt of the scholarship
- They should have a minimum of:
- 50 credit hours (for students enrolled in a four-year college or university)
- 25 credit hours (for students enrolled in a two-year community college or technical/vocational school)
- Half of the classroom hours/total curriculum requirements (for students enrolled in an accredited automotive training program)
- If they are enrolled in a Master, Post-Baccalaureate or Ph.D. degree, they should provide a proof of acceptance or enrollment.
- Permanent legal residents and high school students are NOT eligible to apply
How to Apply
In order to apply for this scholarship, candidates should provide:
- Unofficial transcripts
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, administrator or guidance counselor (submitted online)
- Two 250 words essays explaining:
- Why they want to pursue a career in the automotive industry and how they think they can contribute to this industry
- What drives and inspires them, and why they believe they should be awarded the scholarship
- Personal information regarding academic activities, community service, honors/awards, extracurricular activities, work and military experience and automotive-related activities
Optionally, they can upload a sketch, drawing or any other materials they think might be useful for their application.
For further details, candidates should contact SEMA’s education manager, Juliet Marshall (phone: 909.978.6655; email: email@example.com).