- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 4
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: https://www.agitraining.com/scholarships
- Phone: 781-376-6044
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: Not Available
- Address: 120 Presidential Way Woburn, MA 01801
Four scholarships for undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate students created to encourage the use of design and creative thinking in various disciplines and fields.
American Graphics Design AGI provides training and support (design, marketing, and publishing technology) to organizations and individuals, through regularly scheduled on-site, online and private courses.
Twice per year, they offer two scholarships of $1000 and $500 to high-school, undergraduate or graduate students. The $1000 “Design Thinking” scholarship is offered to both part-time and full-time students enrolled in degree programs at any accredited college or university in the United States. The $500 “American Graphics Institute Training” is awarded to students enrolled or scheduled to be enrolled in any Certificate programs at the American Graphics Institute at the time of the scholarship application.
To apply for the Design Thinking scholarship, the candidates must submit an essay of 500-1500 words describing how they expect design thinking or digital design tools to impact their future career choices. To apply for the American Graphics Institute Training scholarship candidates must submit an essay of 500-1500 words describing how learning digital design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign will contribute to their career. For both scholarships the title of the essay must reflect the chosen topic.
The deadlines for the application are July 31, 2018 and December 31, 2018, and the scholarships are awarded bi-annually, in January and in August.
- Design Thinking Scholarship is open to applicants enrolled in a degree-granting program in an accredited two- or four-year college or university located in the United States
- American Graphics Institute Training is limited to students enrolled or scheduled to be enrolled in any Certificate programs at the American Graphics Institute at the time of the scholarship application.
- One scholarship application per person may be submitted during each scholarship period.
- The scholarship winner must be a legal resident of the United States or hold a valid student visa.
How to Apply
The applicants must fill in the online application form, including the following information:
- The applicant’s full name, email address and phone number
- Details of his/her school, college or university including school name, degree program and expected graduation date
- His/her original essay
The scholarship winners will be selected by the scholarship committee from the American Graphics Institute and will be contacted two weeks after the submission deadline, in mid-January and mid-September of each year.