A $1,500 scholarship aiming to help U.S. Fire Fighters, Police Officers and EMTs who are currently enrolled in accredited technical schools, colleges or universities.
Sweeney Merrigan Law LLP is a legal organization based in Boston dedicated to create a safer community and specialized in helping citizens who have experienced unnecessary and preventable harms and personal injuries (car/bus/taxi accidents, hit and run accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, dog bites, slips and falls etc.).
Every year they offer a scholarship targeting American first responders (e.g. fire fighters, police officers, EMTs, paramedics) who are also currently enrolled in accredited technical schools, colleges or universities in the U.S.
Applicants are required to write a 500+ words essay sharing their life stories, past experiences and describing how they expect the scholarship to help them achieve their future goals. The funds should be used for school related expenses such as tuition fees, supplies or books.
The application amounts to $1,500 and the deadline for application is September 1, 2019
Applicants must be:
- American citizens;
- Currently enrolled in an accredited American technical school, college, or university in the United States;
- Properly certified as emergency personnel (EMT, Paramedic, Police, Fire Fighter etc.)
How to Apply
- Submit via email by September 1, 2019 an essay of more than 500 words describing their life experiences as well as how they think the scholarship will help them achieve their goals in the future.
- Include at the beginning of the essay their personal details, i.e. name and surname, address, email address, and phone number.
- Include a copy of their transcript or a proof of enrollment at an accredited college, university or technical school.