The Glenview Art League seeks to encourage the pursuit of visual art-related careers through award of this scholarship.
The $1,000 award prize is awarded as a one-time cash award for use at the beneficiary’s discretion. However, the organization encourages the use of the fund for the facilitation of the applicant’s educational pursuits.
The Robert Sherman Fine Art Scholarship is part of the Glenview Art League initiatives, as it seeks to develop the visual arts. The scholarship mainly targets high school senior students, with intent of enrolling for higher learning courses in visual art. Letters of recommendation and quality of work will have considerable impact on the likelihood of selection for the scholarship.
Judges will have the opportunity to give feedback on applicants’ quality of work, prior to selection and award of the price.
The Glenview Art League outlines the eligibility criteria for award of the prize. The applicant must:
- Be in their senior year in high school, awaiting graduation,
- Aiming to pursue a visual art course in college,
- Be a resident of Glenview, attending high school,
- Express readiness for one-on-one interview with the scholarship committee.
How to Apply
The application process is open to candidates who are eligible for the scholarship. The following steps show the application procedure:
- Complete and submit application documents,
- Attach recommendation letters, with at least one recommendation from your art teacher,
- Submit sample of art work in digital format, using CD or flash drive,
- Wait for contact from the scholarship committee,
- Express willingness to interview with the scholarship committee.