- Deadline: 08/01/2021
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 3
- Award Amount: $1,500
- Website: https://www.punchkick.com/scholarship
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Not Available
Programming as a Second Language Scholarship was designed to help explain the benefits of having a child learn coding from a young age. Various students studying in different fields will be asked if programming should be included in a child’s curriculum.
Punchkick Interactive is Chicago’s leading fast-growing mobile agency which has designed mobile experiences for multiple successful companies. This is why they hire only the best and brightest people for their self-managed teams.
Punchkick cherishes imagination and creativity, so feel free to be as imaginative as possible with your submission. The format of your submission can be a podcast, an animation, essay or video.
Submissions will be judged on:
- Creativity and originality
- Attention to detail and execution
- The argument you make of why a child’s curriculum should include programming.
- Written submissions need to be between 500 and 1000 words
- Video submission need to be between 30 and 90 seconds and include a paragraph or two of description
- First place: a one-time $1,000 educational scholarship
- Second place: $500 (for two people)
The funds are provided by Punchkick Interactive and will be paid to the winner’s approved college or university.
The deadline is August 1, 2016
Students currently enrolled or accepted at a four year or two-year college or university in the US
- Incoming freshmen who have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and have taken the SAT or the ACT
- Current students who are enrolled full time at an accredited college or university and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Children of current or previous employees of Punchkick Interactive aren’t eligible.
The winner’s academic year can’t be interrupted by any emergency, illness or military service. Punchkick Interactive has the right to discontinue or alter the program if they see fit with no notice.
The winners will be announced on August 15, 2016.
All submitted material in this competition becomes the property of Punchkick Interactive and can be used and reposted in marketing materials
How to Apply
Send in your submission to email@example.com as attachments with the subject line “Programming as a Second Language Scholarship Entry.”
If you have an audio or video submission, email a link to the audio file or video on YouTube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud.
Include your full contact details and the name of your college or university.