- Deadline: Not Available
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 12
- Award Amount: $2,000
- Website: https://ncsheriffs.org/about/scholarships
- Phone: (919) 743-7433
- Fax: (919) 743-7433
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 323 West Jones Street Suite 505 Raleigh, North Carolina // Post Office Box 20049 Raleigh, North Carolina 27619-0049
Twelve annual $2000 scholarships for North Carolina undergraduate students enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university from North Carolina and majoring in criminal justice. One scholarship will be offered to each of the twelve universities from North Carolina which have a criminal justice program.
The North Carolina Sheriffs’ Association, Inc. is an organization aiming to promote, protect, enhance and preserve the Office of Sheriff from North Carolina by creating educational, training and legislative initiatives increasing public safety and protecting the citizens of North Carolina’s rights.
They offer annually 12 scholarships of $2000 to promising undergraduate students enrolled full-time in a criminal justice program at one of the 12 universities from North Carolina providing such programs. The scholarships are funded by the Honorary Citizen and Business Members of the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association.
- Applicants should be undergraduate students majoring in criminal justice at one of the following universities from North Carolina: the Appalachian State University, the East Carolina University, the Elizabeth City State University, the Fayetteville State University, the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, the North Carolina Central University, the North Carolina State University, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, the Western Carolina University or Winston-Salem State University.
- They should be enrolled full-time
- Priorities will be given to:
- A child or step-child of North Carolina Sheriffs/Deputy Sheriffs
- A child or step-child of North Carolina law enforcement officers murdered while performing their duties
- A child or step-child of North Carolina deceased or retired Sheriffs/Deputy Sheriffs
- A student pursuing a degree in criminal justice with proven financial need
How to Apply
Applicants should ask the financial office of their universities to provide them the application forms which they must fill in and return to these offices. Additionally, they should obtain a letter of recommendation from the Sheriff of the county from North Caroline where they reside.