- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $6,000
- Website: http://www.nbna.org/content.asp?contentid=82
- Phone: 301-589-3200
- Fax: 301-589-3223
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: NATIONAL BLACK NURSES ASSOCIATION Scholarship Committee/Gessie Belizaire 8630 Fenton Street, Suite 330 Silver Spring, MD 20910
To develop a more enhanced productive performance among the nurses association is the goal of NBNA Scholarship Program. Every year the NBNA selects applicants to avail of the scholarship grants. Its commitment is for the education of the students in pursuing a nursing career and become a health professional in medical practice.
The fund intended for the NBNA Scholarship Program is to make sure that the students enrolled in nursing courses continue their education and finish the course within the range of the course curriculum. Through the scholarship fund student nurses can further develop their skills and talents in the field of health care practice thus contributing a big factor in helping the community. Though the current year application may have passed yet a yearly grants is given and wide chance to apply for the next year scholarship will re open.
- Must be a recognized member of the NBNA community
- Must be presently enrolled in B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N./ L.V.N. Masters , and Doctoral
- Must have a higher GPA upon submission of the application
- Applicant must have one year left of studying under nursing program
- Secure transcript of records from enrolled school
- Two page written essay with two letter of recommendation
- Proof of participation to nursing activities
- Evidence showing your involvement in the African American Community
How to Apply
Visit website for online application and secure the documents needed for the application process. Carefully read the needed documents in order to comply the criteria. Must see to it that you downloaded the 2016 scholarship application, membership form and other related documents.