- Deadline: 04/01/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: https://www.nwfa.org
- Phone: 800-422-4556
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 111 Chesterfield Industrial Bl Chesterfield, MO 63005
The National Wood Flooring Association Education & Research Foundation Wood Studies Scholarship are there to promote the post-secondary study of forestry and related forestry sciences, thus improving the current situation and urge younger generations to get involved into the saving of the environment.
This is a nonrenewable scholarship which offers $1,000 to a current high school senior who is interested in forestry.
The organization wants to make an impact on young people striving to achieve higher education goals.
Make sure to submit all the required documents and to fill out all the fields, as incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
There are certain eligibility requirements that you as an applicant should take into consideration before applying and make sure that you fulfill them all.
If you happen not to meet the criteria, you should not waste your time applying as your application will be rejected.
You need to be a current high school senior with a GPA 3.0 or higher.
Your ACT score should be 25 or higher, or SAT score 800 or higher,
The eligible applicant should study at a four-year college/university in the field of forestry, environmental science, or natural resources.
How to Apply
Besides the completed application which can be downloaded from the official website and filled out, you will have to provide additional documentation which includes:
- your current high school transcript
- a proof of ACT or SAT score
- a letter of recommendation from a teacher
- a proof of acceptance at a four-year college/university in the field of forestry, environmental science, or natural resources
- a resume where your extracurricular activities, awards, leadership, community service and work experience will be shown and emphasized
- an essay which should not be longer than 750 words where you will write about the following topic: “How does the study of forestry benefit the wood flooring industry?”
All the obligatory materials should be mailed together before April 1st to the following address:
National Wood Flooring Association
Education & Research Foundation
Wood Studies Scholarship
111 Chesterfield Industrial Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
If you happen to be the lucky recipient of this award, you will be notified before May 1st.