- Deadline: 04/01/2022
- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: https://www.collinrosememorial.org/scholarship
- Phone: 313-883-9112
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 18640 Mack Avenue Unit #361307 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
The Officer Collin Rose Memorial Foundation Scholarship is named after State University Police Officer Collin Rose, who was murdered while on a street investigation in Detroit in November 2016.
This scholarship can be used for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution and the money will be sent to the recipient’s educational institution.
The award amount is $1000 and the scholarship may be renewed once for the following academic year.
Students interested in The Officer Collin Rose Memorial Foundation Scholarship should first meet the eligibility requirements set by the scholarship committee and only if they meet them, they should apply for the award.
They are the following:
- An applicant shall be a U.S. citizen and a Michigan resident age 17 or older.
- He/she shall have obtained a cumulative 2.50 Grade Point Average or higher with a demonstrated record of good attendance.
- An eligible applicant shall be accepted and entering into a field of study at an accredited post-secondary institution or accredited basic police or fire training academy.
- An applicant shall be entering into one of the following fields of study: mediation, dispute resolution, criminal justice, law enforcement, firefighting or paramedic services.
- He/she shall be pursuing an associate, undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree.
- An applicant should be familiar with the legacy of Officer Rose.
Preference may be given to applicants who are the surviving child of a fallen public safety employee.
How to Apply
If you find yourself eligible, you need to fulfill some application requirements as well.
The applicant shall submit a 500-word biographical essay in which he/she will speak about his/her achievements and career aspirations.
He/she should submit his/her most recent school transcript and a portrait photograph suitable for publication.
The applicant may also submit a letter of recommendation if desired.
The applicant must be available for a personal interview by the Scholarship Awards Committee.
Once you gather all the documents and download, complete the application form and submit it, you are supposed to send all the materials before April 1, to Officer Collin Rose Memorial Foundation Attention Scholarship Awards Committee 18640 Mack Avenue #361307 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236.