- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $10,000
- Website: http://www.spaceclub.org/scholarship/index.html
- Phone: 202-547-0060
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 204 E Street, NE Washington, DC 20002
An annual scholarship for high-school seniors, undergraduate or graduate students who are planning to pursue a career in one of the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) at an accredited college or university in the United States.
The National Space Club and Foundation is a non-profit association supporting excellence in space activity. The Club operates in creating partnerships between industry and government regarding the aerospace community.
They offer a $10000 annual scholarship to high-school seniors, undergraduate or graduate students who are pursuing a higher degree in Science, Technology, Mathematics or Engineering related fields at an accredited educational institution (college or university) in the United States. Eligible candidates must be U.S. citizens and the winner will have the possibility to give a keynote speech at the National Space Club and Foundation’s annual Goddard Memorial Dinner.
The ideal candidate must have a strong academic standing and excellence in public speaking, and must not have previously spoken at the Dr. Robert H. Goddard Memorial Dinner. Each candidate should submit an online application form and be available to participate in a final live audition-interview via Skype with the NSCF executive committee.
The deadline for the application is December 2, 2019 and the interviews are scheduled for January 13, 2020. The winner will be announced on the scholarship’s official page shortly after the interviews.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an American high school (seniors), or pursue an academic undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university in the United States in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics).
- The scholarship program is open only to U.S. citizens.
How to Apply
The candidates must submit their applications online by December 2, 2019 and include the following additional information/documents:
- Name and contact information of the applicant
- Name, address and contract details of his/her school, college or university
- A personal video presentation must be uploaded on the National Space Club and Foundation website
Applicants should remember that by applying to the scholarship program they declare their availability to speak at the 2017 Goddard Memorial Dinner scheduled in March each year. Travel and lodging for the recipient and one guest will be provided by the National Space Club and Foundation. The funds will be sent directly to the college or university financial department no later than June 1, 2020, and should be used exclusively for the payment of tuition fees.