- Deadline: 12/18/2021
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 180
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://ndseg.asee.org
- Phone: 202-649-3831
- Fax: 202-265-8504
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 181 N Street NW Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036
NDSEG Fellowships have the aim to financially support, thus encourage young baccalaureate recipients to enter graduate school and ultimately gain doctorates in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
They have noticed the importance of providing help with the payment of educational expenses.
The National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate Fellowship is awarded by the Department of Defense to individuals who have demonstrated the ability and special aptitude for advanced training in science and engineering.
What should be of your main concern related to the scholarship program is whether you are able to meet all the requirements:
So as to be accepted as a possible scholarship winner, you must be a U.S. citizen or national and a student at or near the beginning of their graduate study in science or engineering.
This means current seniors, current first-year graduate students and those who have received their bachelor’s degree but have not started graduate school.
Applicants must have received their bachelor’s degrees by fall of the application year.
NDSEG Fellows must be enrolled full-time and must be pursuing graduate study at a U.S. institution.
It is significant to know that the NDSEG Fellowship does not pay for tuition at any non-U.S. institution.
If you happen to be the fellow, you must be eligible to accept both the tuition benefit and the full stipend amount.
Applicants who are pursuing a Medical Degree are not eligible for the NDSEG fellowship.
Supported disciplines are the following:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biosciences (includes toxicology)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences (Note: PsyD programs are not eligible)
- Computer and Computational Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Geosciences (includes terrain, water, and air)
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering (includes undersea systems)
- Oceanography (includes ocean acoustics, remote sensing, and marine meteorology)
- Physics (including optics)
Ineligible applicants will not be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
There will be 180 awardees and the amount of the award is determined annually.
Once you find out your eligibility, you are highly encouraged to visit the scholarship provider’s website, find the application guidelines and fillable application form, and try your luck.