The Frederick Layton Art scholarship foundation grants scholarships worth $3,000 to deserving students. The award supports needy but academically and artistically talented students.
Fredrick R. Layton was among the notable artists of the 20th century. The board of trustees for scholarships awards established this scholarship in support of students interested in pursuit of artistic careers. Application for the scholarship is open for both in-coming and continuing students in Mount Mary University.
The selection criteria commonly considers art related courses, that would enable the individual pursue advanced levels of such art courses. The criteria for qualification is however more strict for the continuing students, who are expected to offer proof of their exemplary performance in past years of study.
As stated on the foundation’s website, the application procedure for the scholarship is open for both in-coming and continuing students. Eligible individuals based on this criteria need to also meet any or all of the following criteria,
- Be accepted for a full time undergraduate course at Mount Mary University, or be enrolled at the University for the undergraduate course,
- Have a GPA minimum 3.0 cumulative at high school or Mount Mary University,
- Declare pursuit of a major in art
How to Apply
The application for the scholarship takes place on the foundations website. Eligible candidates are expected to follow the following steps in the completion of the application procedure;
- Fill out the application form and upload it on the foundation’s website,
- Await notification on selection for the competition,
- Submit the required number and quality of art work completed in the past.