- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 40
- Award Amount: $6,000
- Website: www.mhefi.fluidreview.com
- Phone: 704-714-8731
- Fax: 704-676-1199
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: MHEFI, 8720 Red Oak Blvd. Suite 201 Charlotte, NC 28217
The Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. started its work as a charitable organization in 1976.
It has been developed into an organization whose aim is to attract students to the material handling, logistics and supply chain industry.
This was successfully done through financial support in terms of scholarship award opportunities.
The Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. has awarded more than $2.5 million in scholarships and grants to deserving students.
Scholarship awards are different each year and they usually range from $1,500 to $6,000.
The money can only be used for tuition, fees and books needed for education.
This scholarship is available to students who possess a commitment to the material handling, logistics and/or supply chain industry.
Further eligibility requirements include:
- full-time enrollment at an eligible school in the following target programs – Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business and Management
- a B average in their major
- Students from two-year, post-secondary schools if they have completed a minimum of two years of study and has been accepted as transfer students to a target four-year baccalaureate program at a qualified school in the United States.
In case you are a bachelor’s student, you have to be classified as a junior or senior in the fall term to be eligible.
Even Masters and PhD students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The application process usually starts in November for the next year.
If you submit one application, you will be able to compete for multiple scholarships offered by this Foundation.
As you will be asked to demonstrate your commitment, the ways of doing that is through relevant coursework, Internships or experience in the industry, related projects and research.
If you want to apply for the scholarship, you have to complete the online application at https://MHEFI.fluidreview.com .
You need to provide three letters of recommendation from individuals who can confirm your commitment to the industry and they need to be sent directly from the author. People who can write these letters are faculty members familiar with your coursework and/or projects, a direct supervisor, a person who made it possible for you to attend an industry event or any other person familiar with your commitment.
They should be sent to email@example.com.
Official transcripts are also required and they can be sent via e-mail from the school with a secure download link to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular postal mail directly from the school to Donna Varner at MHEFI, 8720 Red Oak Blvd., Suite 201, Charlotte, NC 28217.
The deadline for application submission is January 15th and the awards winners will be announced by April 30th.