- Deadline: 06/01/2020
- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: http://kbn.ky.gov/nisf/Pages/default.aspx
- Phone: 502-429-7180
- Fax: 800-305-2042
- Email: RichelleR.Livers@ky.gov
- Address: Nursing Incentive Scholarship Fund Kentucky Board of Nursing 312 Whittington Pky, Suite 300 Louisville, KY 40222-5172
Registered nurses employed and reside in Kentucky who is attending approved prelicensure nursing programs ere legible to apply for the Nursing Incentive Scholarship Fund (NISF). Upon consumption of the scholarship, the nurse must give a full time service for one year at Kentucky. If in the case the scholar failed to comply the agreed requirements then monetary payback is required. Every year the Nursing Incentive Scholarship Fund select applicants and were given an amount of $3,000 per year ($1,500 per semester)for academic expenses and cost of living.
A completion of 15 credit hours per academic year for students in prelicensure (LPN & RN) and BSN who is under the nursing completion program. An amount of $3,000 will be rewarded to successful candidate. For the bachelor nursing program, 9 credit hours per academic year is a requirement.
In order tor retain the scholarship, the grantee must maintain an average rating every year and comply all needed required criteria.
- Must live-a resident and worked at Kentucky to qualify
- Enrolled in the Nursing program
- Shows financial need in pursuing a graduate or post graduate degree
- Apply for a financial aid in the college you are enrolled in order to be prioritized
- Maintain a good rating GPA for the renewal of the scholarship
How to Apply
Though the application has ended in June 1 of the current year but annually the NISF opens a scholarship program and may need to apply through their website for scholarship application form.
You can get in touch through the email stated above for any questions with regards to scholarship programs.