- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $2,500
- Website: www.wid-mi.org
- Phone: 248-320-5921
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 7205 Sterling Ponds Court Sterling Height, MI 48312
Women in Defense Michigan established the Junior Horizon Award and since its foundation in 2009 they support the high school women to pursue Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (S.T.E.M.) careers related to the national security and defense interests of the United States by offering them financial aid through scholarships.
People interested in this scholarship should first see the eligibility requirements and if they happen to be eligible for the HORIZONS-Michigan Scholarship, only then should they apply for it.
Firstly, the eligible applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense, or already be working in these fields.
The HORIZONS-Michigan Scholarship is one time award and the following eligibility criteria must be met:
- The applicant has to be a citizen of the United States.
- Has to be a woman and a resident of Michigan.
- She has to be currently enrolled at an accredited Michigan university or college, either full-time or part-time.
- The applicant has to be a graduate or undergraduate who has attained at least junior level status
- She has to demonstrate educational expenses and has a minimum grade point average of 3.25
How to Apply
If you find yourself eligible for the WID-MI HORIZONS Scholarship, you can find the application form on the official website and you are supposed to fill it out.
Make sure to send all scholarship materials by June 30th.
The lucky recipients will be notified and will receive formal recognition at the 2019 WID Black Tie Gala.
Applications must be completed in full and you should answer all applicable questions as completely as possible.
The Items you are supposed to submit directly to WID on your behalf are:
- Completed application
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Attached narrative responses
- Official transcripts – direct from your school(s)
- Two letters of recommendation – direct from individuals
All these documents should be submitted together in one email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recommendation letters should be signed and submitted directly by the author via email to email@example.com, while the official transcripts should be mailed directly from the school to the following address: Women in Defense Michigan ATTN: Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 4744 Troy, MI 48099.
What you will get is a confirmation email when your application is received.