- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 87
- Award Amount: $2,000
- Website: www.rankinfoundation.org
- Phone: 706-208-1211
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1 Huntington Road #701 Athens, GA 30606
The Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to low-income women each autumn.
The main aim of this foundation is to support women break free of generational poverty by achieving post-secondary education.
That way they will not only be more educated and self-confident, but economically empowered as well.
Many recipients say that without the JRF Scholarship, they would not be able to continue their education.
Jeannette Rankin Scholarship has certain eligibility requirements that have to be met and an applicant for a JRF Scholarship must be:
- A woman, age 35 or older, who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- She must have low-income and must be pursuing a technical or vocational education, an associate’s degree, or a first bachelor’s degree.
- The additional requirement is that she has to be enrolled in or accepted to a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution or ACICS accredited school.
The following schools are accredited:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
The committee will determine who the most deserving candidate is according to applicant’s goals, plans for reaching your goals and explanation on how you will use your education to give back to the community.
As this scholarship is designed for women with low-income, that would be determined on the student’s estimated household income for the coming year.
The income guidelines are from the Department of Labor’s Lower Living Standard and the applicant’s household income must fall within the guidelines which can be found on the official website of this scholarship provider.
How to Apply
You are advised to carefully read the instructions on the application.
The Jeannette Rankin Scholarship application is available online, the process opens in November 2019 and it will be closed on March 1st.
By clicking on the “Apply for a Scholarship” link on the Applications page you will be taken to the home page of our online application.
You will have to submit letters of recommendation, but what you need to do is to state the names of those people who will write the letter for you and they will get the e-mail asking them to upload their letters for you directly to our online application system.