- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: www.wid-mi.org
- Phone: 248-320-5921
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 7205 Sterling Ponds Court Sterling Heights, MI 48312
This amazing scholarship is established thanks to Women In Defense Michigan organization.
The main aim of it is to help and encourage women to pursue careers related to the national security and defense interests of the United States as well as to provide more opportunities to women already working in these fields.
Women In Defense Michigan organization has awarded over $100,000 from the moment it started awarding the scholarship.
When the selection process is in question, the awards will be given based on academic achievement, participation in defense and national security activities, field of study, work experience, statements of objectives, recommendations, and financial need.
No discrimination in terms of race, creed, color, or religion will be applied.
If you want to apply for this scholarship, it is important to know the eligibility requirements, so as not to waste your time on applying.
To be eligible for the Horizons-Michigan Scholarship you must:
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense
- Be working in the fields such as: security studies, military history, government relations, engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, international relations, political science and economics.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a woman
- Be a resident of Michigan
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited Michigan university or college
- Be a graduate or undergraduate who has attained at least junior level status
- Demonstrate educational expenses
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.25
How to Apply
The WID-MI HORIZONS Scholarship application can be found on the scholarship provider’s official website and it is important to fill it out and submit it with all the additional materials before June 30th.
You will be required to submit letters of recommendation written by people who are familiar with your accomplishments and career goals.
At least one letter must be from a faculty member at your current college/university.
All required materials should be submitted together in one email to the following email address: email@example.com, except the official transcripts which should be mailed directly from the school to the following address:
Women in Defense Michigan
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 4744 Troy, MI 48099
If you happen to be the lucky recipient of the award, you will be notified via w-mail and will receive formal recognition at the WID Black Tie Gala.