- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://www.grfoundation.org
- Phone: 616-454-1751
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 185 Oakes SW Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Grand Rapids Community Foundation recognized the necessity of helping young students in their aim to reach higher education, so they have started awarding hundreds of scholarships annually.
The scholarships are awarded primarily to Kent County students attending college, or pursuing a technical career.
The foundation is aware that attending college increases opportunity and opens doors to careers and if a person deserves higher education due to his/her educational achievements and cannot reach it because of financial issues, it is a pity and that kind of person should be helped.
Since 1945, Grand Rapids Community Foundation has been a major scholarship provider in Kent County and it has awarded more than $1 million every year to hundreds of students.
In order to be eligible for the Ladies Literary Club Scholarship the applicant has to be a resident of Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, Allegan, Montcalm or Barry County.
He/she has to be majoring in Literary Arts at any accredited Michigan college or university and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Furthermore, the applicant must have and be able to prove financial need.
How to Apply
The application process for the Ladies Literary Club Scholarship is easy and all you should do is follow the instructions.
Firstly, you need to gather your information related to the following:
- Awards and employment/volunteer/extracurricular activities
- Academic transcript from most recent semester
- An essay in which you will speak about your choice of college and the course of study, what career goals are and you will provide information on past activities which were beneficial for your community
- Last thing is the financial information from FAFSA or other resource.
The second step is to find scholarships available through Grand Rapids Community Foundation as there are many scholarships that benefit students of many ages, academic abilities and areas of interest
You should choose the one you may qualify for and then you should submit your application.
By submitting a general application, you will be a possible candidate for all the scholarships that you fulfill the requirements.
The scholarship committee which consists of volunteers from all over Kent County will review applications and you will be informed about it via e-mail.