- Deadline: 12/09/2022
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://www.gensler.com/scholarships
- Phone: 202-721-5200
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2020 K Street NW Washington, DC 20006
The Gensler Brinkmann Scholarship was established in honor of Don Brinkmann who is well known as an inspirational and gifted interior designer.
So, the Gensler Brinkmann Scholarship awards students enrolled in U.S. not-for-profit CIDA-accredited interior design programs to financially support them, being that educational expenses are quite high.
Each year, scholarship amounts vary as well as the number of lucky winners, but usually, two most deserving applicants are selected for the award.
Up to this moment, the foundation has awarded nearly $300,000 in academic scholarships to students and graduates over the last 20 years.
The awarded amount will be given to the applicant’s educational institution is sometime in summer and cannot be used for any purpose rather than educational expenses.
So as to be eligible for this award, students must be enrolled in a CIDA-accredited interior design program entering into the final year of their current academic program in the coming fall.
Ineligible, late and incomplete applications will not be accepted by the scholarship committee.
How to Apply
The application materials that each applicant must provide so as to be accepted as a possible scholarship winner are the following:
- Resume in which you will be speaking about your past experience, achievements, academic, and volunteer activities.
- Letter of nomination from the dean or chair of your academic institution that confirms that you meet all eligibility requirements and talks about your academic excellence.
- One advanced-level commercial interior design project with a written description
Bear in mind the fact that group projects will not be considered for the award.
The Brinkmann Scholarship application process opens in September and from that moment on the scholarship committee starts accepting applications.
Application Submission Deadline is December 8th so make sure your documentation is received prior to that moment.
Academic institutions are required to nominate eligible students for participation in the scholarship program
On January 17th all finalists notified and on February 21st, the finalists are required to submit digital video.
Winners will be notified on March 6th.
You are supposed to upload a single file that will consist of a 12-page PDF that includes all submission materials mentioned above and the file size cannot exceed 7MB.