- Deadline: 04/01/2023
- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 30
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: http://www.esafoundation.org/scholarship.asp
- Phone: 202-223-2400
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 575 7th St. NW, Suite 300
The Entertainment Software Association offers scholarships worth $3,000.
The scholarship is renewed annually and is aimed to support women and minority groups in pursuit of computer and video game arts careers. Eligible candidates are enrolled in accredited universities in the U.S for a four-year undergraduate course.
The first implementation phase of the scholarship program awarded 15 positions to deserving and eligible cases. In the following years, the scholarship positions were increased to 30, giving more opportunities to interested and eligible candidates.
The additional scholarship opportunities were awarded to eligible high school seniors.
The ESA foundation, a subsidiary of the Entertainment Software Association, was established as a philanthropic arm of the Association, for the support of America’s youth and involved in computer technologies.
According to the association’s statement on their Website, targeting women and minority groups in the U.S creates the opportunity for harnessing the power of interactive computer technologies, for positive social impact.
In order to qualify for the scholarship, the applicant is to:
- Be in the category of Women or minority learners,
- Be a U.s Citizen,
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate course leading to a career in computer and video game arts,
- Be enrolled in a full-time four-year undergraduate course in an accredited university in the United States.
How to Apply
Application for the scholarship is done online, on the association’s website. The applicant is to follow the following steps in the application procedure:
- Create an account at the associations website,
- Fill the application and upload the required documents,
- Ensure the application is within the stated timeline open for application.