- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $500
- Website: https://petlifetoday.com/efa-veterinary-scholarship/
- Phone: 617-686-3087
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 27 Cherokee Road, Arlington, Ma 02474
This is a new scholarship that will be awarded annually in the amount of $500 to undergraduate students enrolled in veterinary or animal science studies, who are in good academic standing and have demonstrated a passion for animal advocacy and fighting animal cruelty.
Pet Life Today (PLT) is delighted to announce our 2017-2018 scholarship award: Empathy for Animals (EFA) Scholarship Award for Veterinary Students.
This scholarship will be awarded annually to veterinary students enrolled in veterinary studies, animal sciences or a similar undergraduate program at an accredited university. Students must be in good standing and have demonstrated a passion for animal welfare and care. The scholarship award amount is $500.
With this scholarship, PLT hopes to raise awareness of animal cruelty, as well as help the next generation of animal advocates and future veterinarians reach their academic goals.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in an accredited pre-veterinary or animal sciences undergraduate program in the United States
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proven history of advocacy for animals
- Demonstrated community involvement
- Demonstrated financial need
How to Apply
Submit the following:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Name of current college or university
- Current GPA
- Expected graduation date
- Current course of study
Along with all the information listed above, please submit a 1-2 page essay that explains the following:
- Why you’ve chosen to pursue a career in veterinary medicine, animal research or your related area
- What your specific community involvements are or have been with advocating animal empathy and fighting animal cruelty
- How you intend to use this award
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 31, 2017. The scholarship recipient will be announced on January 31, 2018.