- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: https://www.doe.k12.de.us
- Phone: 302-577-3240
- Fax: 302-577-6765
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 820 N French St F5 Wilmington, DE 19801
The State of Delaware has the aim to help the children of deceased veterans of the military services of the United States, military service personnel held as a prisoner of war and military service personnel officially declared to be missing in action.
If you happen to be the lucky recipient of this award, it can be used to pay tuition and required fees at a public college in Delaware, tuition and required fees at a private college in Delaware, if the program of study is not offered at a Delaware public college; or at an out-of-state public or private college, if there is no institution in Delaware offering the program of study.
Whichever scholarship you choose to apply for, you first need to know whether you meet the eligibility criteria.
In case you do not fulfill it, there is no need to apply for the award.
The State of Delaware requires that:
- The eligible applicant must have been a resident of the state of Delaware for three or more consecutive years prior to the date of application.
- In case the applicant’s parent is a member of the armed forces, the parent must have been a resident of Delaware at the time of death or declaration of missing in action or prisoner of war status.
- He/she must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, between the ages of 16 and 24.
- The applicant must be the child of one of the member of the armed forces whose cause of death was service-related, who is being held or was held as a prisoner of war, who is officially declared missing in action, who is a state police officer whose cause of death was service-related; or who is a state employee of the Department of Transportation routinely employed in job-related activities upon the state highway system whose cause of death was job-related.
How to Apply
Completed application should be submitted due 6 – 8 weeks before classes begin.
The application process is easy and you can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office’s secure Student Account Access site.
If you are applying for the first time, you will be asked to create an account and provide a valid email and mailing address.
In case you have difficulties creating your Student Account and applying for DHEO scholarships you can review the document available at the scholarship provider’s official website with the explanation of this process.