- Deadline: 03/01/2020
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: https://www.cmaamidatlantic.org/scholarship-program
- Phone: Not Available
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 7926 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 800 McLean, VA 22102-3303
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Construction Management Association of America (MAC CMAA) awards this scholarship to help young students pay the costs of pursuing a degree in Construction Management or a related degree program.
Scholarship checks will be mailed directly to the student’s college/university upon the student’s acceptance of the scholarship.
MAC CMAA will be awarding the following scholarships:
- 1st – $3,500.
- 2nd – $2,000.
The MAC CMAA scholarship selection committee will determine the winner based on the following criteria:
- Academic Performance: 40%
- Quality of Essay on Future Plans and Scholarship Interest: 50%
- Recommendation of Faculty / Professor / Advisor: Up to 5%
- Extracurricular Activities and Or Employment: 5%
- BONUS: Student Member of CMAA: 5%
If you are eager to apply for the CMAA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Scholarship, you will need to meet all the eligibility criteria, and only then submit the application form.
To be considered for the award, you must have completed a minimum of one full academic year of studies and must have a minimum of one full academic year remaining prior to completing the degree being pursued.
You must be enrolled in a construction management degree program, or another CM-related degree program, and show a strong interest in a career in CM, as demonstrated by a response to the essay question in the application package.
Applicants must reside or attend a college/university in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware.
How to Apply
It is very important to submit all the required documentation, as incomplete applications will not be considered by the Chapter.
The response to the essay must be typed, 12 Font, Times New Roman, Double Spaced and you can choose between two essay options:
- How will advances in technology change the profession of Construction Management?
- How does Professional Construction Management Improve Project Delivery for Owners?
The application and all attachments must be submitted electronically, while hard copies of transcripts, essays and recommendations must be scanned and sent electronically to WNixon@Jingoli.com.
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter CMAA scholarship selection committee will review all completed applications received and will determine finalists who will be recommended to the Mid-Atlantic Chapter CMAA Board of Directors for approval.
Selected winners will be notified in early May.