- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: https://www.nacufs.org
- Phone: (517) 332-2494
- Fax: (517) 332-8144
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1515 Turf Lane | Suite 100 East Lansing, MI 48823
NACUFS is the organizations whose aim is to support the college and university students interested in food service.
From the first award in 1992, the Clark E. DeHaven Scholarship is given to students who are enrolled in accredited programs in the field related to food service.
The organization boasts nowadays 86 scholarship recipients and $346,500 that has been awarded.
The National Association of College & University Food Services awards this scholarship in honor of Clark E. DeHaven.
He is famous as the first executive director of this association.
The only way that the awarded money can be used is to pay for tuition, books and other education related things during the traditional academic year.
The scholarships will be awarded for full-time undergraduate study only and it is worth $5000.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, a person has to be:
- enrolled full-time in a college or university that is a member of NACUFS, to be successful student with a GPA of 2.75 or higher,
- a U.S. or Canadian citizen
- a current sophomore, junior, or senior who is planning a career in the food service (he/she can either be majoring in a food service or has at least one semester of school remaining)
The winners will be selected annually and this is done by the Clark E. DeHaven scholarship committee who is in charge of reviewing the application material and determining who the most appropriate award winner is.
The given scholarship funds will be payable to either an educational institution or a recipient.
How to Apply
Besides the application form that should be filled out and can be found on the official website of the organization, additional documentation should be included and only complete packets will be evaluated.
You are supposed to add:
- Official transcript(s)
- Letter of recommendation from your academic advisor who has supervised your achievements
- Letter of recommendation from your employer
- Letter of personal evaluation
- and a Resume
All these should be sent to the address which you can find on the application form.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15th February and your documentation must arrive at the appropriate address by then.