It was in 1958 when the Church of the Brethren created a scholarship programs to the health education and research rewards. A $2,000 scholarship grant will be given to a successful candidate.
Nursing scholarships were given to nursing students or post nursing degree who are a member of the Bethany Church.
After successful raising of funds the organization decide in the succeeding years to expand its services fund by creating a Bethany Hospital School of Nursing and grants loans and scholarships to the nursing students wherever they decide to enroll.
Annually it provides nursing scholarship grants to those students enrolled in LPN and RN but the candidate must solely be a member of the Church of the Brethren
- Must be a member of the Church of the Brethren
- Enrolled as LPN or RN or the post graduate degree
- Priority will be given to the new applicants of the scholarship or in their mid to third associate degree of nursing course
- Scholarship is only limited to a single grant each year
- For those taking LPN an amount of $1,000 is granted and $2,000 to RN and likewise a graduate nurse
How to Apply
- One must be a member of the Church of the Brethren in order to apply.
- Online application form is found in the website
- Submit your application form by April 1 of the current year and scholarship grants re open annually
- Payments and grants is sent directly to the school a candidate is enrolled
- Submit 2 reference letter both personal and professional references
- Secure letter of reference from the church pastor
- provide documentation of enrollment and course indicated with inclusion as to when the course will be completed