- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 10
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Website: https://cbcfinc.academicworks.com
- Phone: 202-263-2800
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1720 Masschusetts Ave. NW Washington, DC 20036
Since its establishment in 2000 in honor of the late Curtis Mayfield, this foundation has the aim to ensure that African-American or Black students pursuing a degree in the performing arts receive financial assistance and they manage to achive it through their scholarship program.
Performing arts includes theater, drama, comedy, music, dance, opera and marching bands.
The great thing is that there will be 10 winners who will get the amazing $3000 each.
The award is definitely worth your attention and consideration, so you are encouraged to try your luck.
CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship deadline is April 30th, so make sure to get all the necessary documentation and submit them prior to that date.
The eligibility criteria which have to be met so that the applicant is accepted as a possible award winner is:
- He/she has to be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited academic institution.
- The eligible applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- He/she has to be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident who is pursuing a major and career in a performing art
- So as to qualify, he/she needs to exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- He/she has to be an African-American or black student.
How to Apply
The application process is not complicated and everything is done online.
The application requirements are:
- A resume in which you will be speaking about your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- A recent photograph
- Two electronically submitted letters of recommendation written by a community or public service leader
- Official transcript
- Two minute visual recording sample
- Essay which will be less than 250 words long in which you will be asked to explain how performing artist can be servant leaders and to identify an issue in the Black community that can be changed using performance art.
Once the application process is finished, all the applications will be reviewed and the most deserving students will be selected as winners.
If you happen to be the lucky recipient, you will be notified about the award.