- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: https://www.wsfoundation.org
- Phone: 336-714-3445
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: StudentAid@wsfoundation.org
- Address: 751 West Fourth Street Suite 200 Winston-Salem, NC 27101-2702
If you are interested in the Bruce Shelton Scholarship, we are here to give you some of the basic information related to it.
The scholarship is named after Bruce Shelton, with the aim to honor him.
That way he will be remembered by those who knew him, as well as those who did not know him.
Bruce Shelton Scholarship Fund was established in 1991 by the Shelton family.
Since then they are connected with promising students who deserve to be invested in their education.
This amazing scholarship is a consecutive four-year renewable award.
It is awarded to a graduating high school student from a Forsyth County public high school who can prove his/her athletic excellence, academic achievement, leadership, and social responsibility.
To be able to apply for it, you first need to meet the eligibility criteria set by the scholarship committee.
The applicants must:
- have achieved athletic excellence
- have excelled in at least one varsity sport,
- demonstrate social responsibility,
- have participated in at least one extracurricular or community activity;
- demonstrate academic success by achieving minimum unweighted high school cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 and be ranked in the top 25% of the senior class;
- demonstrate leadership characteristics
Once you find yourself eligible, you are encouraged to apply for the Bruce Shelton Scholarship and tyr your luck.
How to Apply
The application for the Bruce Shelton scholarship is done online, through a One-Stop Scholarship Application.
This means that you will be automatically considered for the scholarships for which you are eligible with just one application.
Besides completing the application in full, you are supposed to provide supplemental materials.
Firstly, you will need to create an online account and complete the basic information and qualifying criteria.
Then you will continue through the online application, but be sure to meet the firm deadlines, as those applications received after it will be rejected.
Finally, you will receive notification of your scholarship by letter or mail.
If you have applied for a merit-based scholarship, you will be communicated in May, while if you applied for a need-based scholarship, you will be notified throughout the summer.