- Deadline: 03/30/2021
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://www.ecw-edow.org/chane-scholarship.html
- Phone: 202-537-6530
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Church House Mount Saint Alban Washington, DC 20016
The Bishop John Bryson Chane Scholarship for Social Justice was established by the Episcopal Church Women Board in 2011 in honor of the work of Bishop John Bryson Chane.
The award is given to students interested in pursuing social justice at an accredited college or university.
If you happen to be among the awardees, you will be notified about the award by April 30, while the award letters will be mailed by May 12.
One scholarship will be awarded for each of the regions of the Diocese of Washington while the amount of the award might vary, based on the availability of funds.
The eligibility criteria are what each applicant needs to have in mind prior to applying for the award.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior in the Diocese of Washington.
- Be an active member of an Episcopal church in the Diocese of Washington.
- Be accepted for full-time enrollment to attend an accredited junior or community college or an accredited four-year college or university.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How to Apply
The winner of the Bishop John Bryson Chane Scholarship for Social Justice will be determined based on the following selection criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Letters of recommendation from Rector and school administrator or counselor which must be submitted in a sealed envelope.)
- A statement of educational goals and career objectives which should not exceed 300 words).
- A brief essay of 250 words on one social justice issue that is important to you.
By reading the selection criteria, you could get familiar with the documents that you are supposed to submit so that your application is considered complete.
Applications must be received by March 30, being that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The application followed with all required documents should be mailed together to:
Episcopal Church Women – Diocese of Washington
The Bishop John Bryson Chane Scholarship for Social Justice
Mount Saint Alban
Washington, DC 20016