- Deadline: 09/12/2021
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://spacegrant.alaska.edu/student/undergrad
- Phone: (907) 474-6833
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Alaska Space Grant Program University of Alaska | Duckering Hall 207 | 306 Tanana Loop
Research fellowship stipends awarded by the Alaska Space Grant Program (ASGP) to American citizens for pursuing their undergraduate studies in universities based in Alaska in the following fields: science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The ASGP research fellowships are awarded yearly to highly qualified American citizens willing to pursue their undergraduate degree at universities from Alaska in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Preferably, their research interests should be related to those of NASA.
The winners are selected according to their previous scholastic performance, the quality of their recommendation letter from their proposed mentor and the excellence and scientific merit of their research project.
Although all students meeting these requirements are eligible to apply, preference will be given to those pertaining to underrepresented groups such as women, Alaska Natives, Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, and students with disabilities.
The fellowships are open to candidates meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- They are enrolled at a university from Alaska during the period of their fellowship and conduct research under the supervision of a mentor who is an expert in their proposed research area
- They are American citizens
- They have an excellent academic record, shown by their transcripts
- Their research project is part of one of the following academic fields: science, technology, engineering or mathematics
Although all applicants meeting these criteria are eligible to apply, preference will be given to candidates from underrepresented minority groups.
How to Apply
- Identify a professor with similar research interests from a university in Alaska willing to submit a letter of collaboration
- Download and fill in the application form from their website
- Submit by the official deadline the completed application form (either by email or post) together with the following supporting documentation:
- A 3-page Project Synopsis and Project Description
- A letter of collaboration from the proposed mentor
- An academic transcript
- In case you apply for continuation funds, a report of the progress of your current project must also be submitted