A 2500$ annual scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students who have completed their first year of studies at an accredited college or university and are majoring in a field related to transportation, travel and tourism industry.
The American Bus Association (ABA) Foundation is a nonprofit organization providing scholarships, research, and educational opportunities for the motorcoach and tour industry.
They offer a yearly $2500 Diversity Scholarship to undergraduate or graduate students. The candidates must have completed at least their first year of studies at an accredited college or university, must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and must have a declared major or course program related to transportation, travel and tourism industry. The aim of the scholarship is to broaden the number of traditionally underrepresented groups in the management ranks of the transportation, travel and tourism industry.
The applicants are required to write a 500 words essay describing their goals and their personal future ideas in advancing the transportation, motorcoach, travel and tourism/hospitality industry. The winners will be selected on the basis of their high level academic achievements, character, leadership, financial need and the quality of their ideas related to the given topic of the essays.
The deadline for the application is April 6, 2020 and the winners will be notified by May, 2020.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an accredited college or university and have completed their first year of studies.
- They must hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- They should be enrolled in a course or have a declared major related to transportation, travel and/or tourism industry.
- In addition, the applicants who are affiliated with ABA-member companies will receive further consideration.
How to Apply
The candidates must apply online by April 6, 2020 by creating an account in order to submit their essays/applications as well as check the status of their submissions. The following information must be included:
- Name of the applicant
- Name, address and contract details of his/her college or university
- The applicant’s current grade level (min GPA 3.0)
The winner will be notified by May 2020.