- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: http://www.aaas.org
- Phone: 202 326 6400
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1200 New York Ave., NW Washington, D.C. 20005
A workshop program open to all AAAS students who wished to enhance their capabilities in research, communication, engineering and mathematical ideas. The summer program will run for almost 10 weeks and its a great opportunity for developing academic training and skill building.
The program aims at developing a total fellowship for academic development of students in various fields of education including locals and Internationals enrolled at the United States.
Though, AAAS cannot provide assistance in Visas for applicants but it is deemed to welcome all participants studying outside of the state if they can cover all their trip expenses for the fellowship.
Committee Experts from education, science and media are tasked to carefully look into the selection process in order to obtain a selective legit participants in making recommendations for a final verdict among the students and the sponsored media host.
There can be telephone interviews to those qualified which will be notified a month prior to the fellowship program.
- Students who are currently enrolled in universities or colleges. Maybe applicable to those who are graduates, doctorates and later undergraduates of social sciences including mathematics, engineering, biology, geophysical and computer.
- Students who belong to journalism, English, Science and non-technical courses are prohibited to apply.
- Qualified applicants are entitled to attend a pre-session for an orientation to be held at the AAAS ground. This will take effect on early summer, month of June and will probably end by August. Written reports should be prepared tracking Fellowship progress all throughout the 10-week summer session.
How to Apply
Complete all detailed requirements listed below:
- Fill in online application form pertained to applicants
- Secure your CV including any honors or achievements received
- Provide your 2 to 3 page writing sample on topics related to fiction and non-fiction appealing to general readers
- Published your news story after July 1 with topics about science, math and engineering. Journal must not be less than 750 words with described findings of your study and its importance.
- Article sources must be in accordance with your given news story.
- Include your responses to 7 questions posted online.
- Must secure three recommendation letters from your recommender whom they must send directly to the program head. two letters must be from the member of the faculty who have an idea of your academic performance in the comments portion.
- Upload online your transcript of records whether undergraduate or graduate.