Twenty-four $1,000 scholarships (awarded two each month) for high school seniors or students enrolled full-time in a college or university and have been endorsed by their family, spiritual leaders and peers as persons possessing a strong character, commitment to service, as well as financial need.
Daniel P. Buttafuoco & Associates is a law firm helping rebuild the lives of persons suffering from accidents, injuries or malpractice.
They offer each year twenty-four scholarships of $1,000 each (two per month) to talented high-school seniors admitted to college/university or to current undergraduate students. The applicants must also prove to be active members of their local church and must be endorsed by both a pastor and a teacher in two letters of recommendation.
Applications can be submitted each month until the 15th from September to August. The applicants will receive a score based on the number of online votes, character, accomplishment/service and need. Each month two top applicants will receive the scholarship, which should be used exclusively for educational expenses (tuition fees, room and board, books etc.)
- Applicants must be either high school seniors or college/university students
- They must be active members of their local church
- Should have a GPA of minimum 3.0
- Must be permanent residents of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut (although they may attend school in other places)
How to Apply
Candidates must fill in the online application form available at http://www.yclscholarship.org/YCL-scholarship-application-form.pdf and submit it by post no later than the middle of each month. The following additional documents should also be sent:
- A most recent official transcript
- A proof of enrollment and official class schedule (for college/university students)
- Copy of an acceptance letter from college or university
- A high resolution picture (.jpg or .tiff formats) of the candidate on a CD
- Two letters of recommendation/endorsement:
- One from a pastor, youth pastor, youth director, Sunday school superintendent or elder
- One from a current or former teacher, counselor or principal
Each month, ten best applications are nominated for voting on the scholarship’s website and can earn a maximum of 25 points (the other 75 points will be based on character, accomplishment/service and need). The two students with the highest points will be awarded the scholarship.