- Deadline: 12/31/2023
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: 1
- Award Amount: $350
- Website: https://www.urbanartscholarship.com/apply
- Phone: 760-828-1120
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Not Available
The Urban Art Scholarship has noticed the importance of financially supporting young learners who are interested in pursuing high education degrees.
The Urban Art Scholarship was started by a college student and artist, Trevor Coopersmith.
The application submission period opens on March 1st and finishes on December 31st, so it is your responsibility to submit all the required material prior to the deadline as late and incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Financial support is given annually to one student who is determined as the most deserving one, after reviewing all scholarship applications and the award of $350 is granted to a winning participant based on their artistic work and essay.
Winners are announced on January 31.
The eligible applicants for the Urban Art Scholarship are artistically driven individuals who incorporate art into benefiting their community.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this award and you have determined your eligibility, here is the information regarding the application process and portfolio requirements.
You are suggested to follow all guidelines carefully
You are supposed to submit an essay that should be about 300-500 words long in which you will be discussing several topics.
- Introduce yourself, discuss aspirations, community involvement
- Describe your work as an artist, and how it applies to contemporary society
- Discuss how the scholarship will benefit you and your community
Then, a portfolio is a mandatory part of the application.
Applications must include 3-5 images of your work and you must meet the following criteria
- Make sure the images are of high quality and are.JPG or.PNG files
- Include powerful and professional images which display your talent and creativity, along with the societal value
- Confirm portfolio images are described in the essay
- Crop all images and avoid showing anything besides your work
Last but not least, you must print a contract form or open with PDF editor and manually or electronically sign/ date the contract.
Then, you can take a photo or save as PDF and email JPG or PDF signed scholarship contract agreement, along with essay and portfolio to Treva792@yahoo.com.