- Deadline: Not Available
- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: Not Available
- Website: Not Available
- Phone: 540-338-8688
- Fax: Not Available
- Email: Not Available
- Address: PO Box 1152, Purcellville, VA 20134
Home School Legal Defense Association(HSLDA) was founded in 1983, with the aim to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children.
Later on, HSLDA founded the Home School Foundation which today has two funds that are used to support families: the Homeschool Freedom Fund and the Members Helping Members Fund.
HSF is designed to offer help to low-income families with their homeschooling-related needs.
The organization has realized how important homeschooling is and that people have a lot of expenses which cannot be covered, so they decided to provide financial support.
If you are homeschooling and struggling financially, you are encouraged to apply for it.
The money received from the fund may be used for Curriculum, School materials, Homeschool course/class tuition, School-related technology and other education related fees.
Every year, the foundation sends well over half a million dollars in financial assistance for school books and supplies to individual families.
In order to see whether you are eligible, you need to prequalify and determine whether the organization can help you.
If you are eager to apply for this scholarship, but you do not know whether you qualify for a grant, here are the eligibility criteria that you must meet.
They refer to the families of students who apply:
- You must have completed at least one semester of homeschooling immediately prior to applying
- At least one of your homeschooled children must be between 6 and 19 years old;
- You must have legal custody of the children you are homeschooling;
- You must be able to show significant financial need.
In case you have already received this grant and you want to reapply, additional requirements are:
- You have to send in your signed statement and receipts documenting how your prior grant money was spent;
- You have to be a member of HSLDA
- And you must have waited a year since your last application.
How to Apply
The Curriculum Grant application process will start in mid-October, so you should visit the scholarship provider’s official website if you would like to apply for a grant.
Make sure to send the appropriate documentation prior to deadline, so as to be accepted as a possible recipient of the award.