- Renewable: Unknown
- Number of Awards: Not Available
- Award Amount: $1,500
- Website: https://www.soudermiller.com/tss
- Phone: 505-299-0942
- Fax: 505-293-3430
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 5454 Venice Avenue NE Suite D Albuquerque, NM 87113
Since its foundation, the SMA STEM Scholarship program has contributed $113,500 to 24 undergraduate students.
The main purpose of the scholarship is to recognize and encourage Native American high school and college students in his/her pursuance of a four-year degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
The scholarship will be for a full academic year where the student registers for a full-time course load.
However, he/she needs to successfully complete all courses and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0, as well as does not become subject to any disciplinary or criminal action.
Automatic renewal for up to a maximum of four academic years will be determined by the Scholarship Committee.
No payments will be made directly to scholarship recipients.
Just as with any other scholarship, there are Scholarship Eligibility Requirements set by the scholarship committee being that not everybody is eligible to get this award.
To be eligible applicant must:
- Be an enrolled member of federally recognized Pueblo, Nation or Tribe in the United States of America.
- Be a high school graduate or be a college STEM student already enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Major in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- Have a clean criminal and driving record.
If you do not meet the criteria, do not waste your time applying as you will be rejected.
How to Apply
The application process consists of a few requirements that have to be met.
The scholarship applicant must provide the following documentation besides a completed and signed application form and applicant agreement:
- Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- High school or college transcript
- Letter of College or University Admission
- Two letters of reference from an instructor or advisor
- An essay.
Make sure to submit the application prior to the submission deadline on June 14th.
The application package can be E-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailed or hand-delivered to:
Souder, Miller & Associates
SMA Native American STEM Scholarship
5454 Venice Avenue NE, Ste D
Albuquerque, NM 87113
SMA Native American STEM Scholarship recipient(s) will be notified of the award by phone and e-mail.